Translate

Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 98 - Stake Conference and (pre) Independence Day

Hey guys,



This week I got my new companion. When I went to take Elder Ramos to the stake center and drop him off. He actually arrived super early (before 6:00 AM) so we got to rest a bit before getting up and doing our regular routine. It was actually a pleasant surprise because we didn't lose any proselyting time like we normally would have. So we got to work right away.







This week we had a ward activity celebrating the independence of Guatemala. It was a bit early because most people leave during holidays (especially because it is going to be a weekend). I heard that people normally throw water and flower on the 14th. Not sure why... They didn't do it last year but they say it depends on the area you're in. The activity was supposed to start at 530 but it was raining so we had to postpone it a bit because it was an outside event and there was a marching band. The bishopric taught about the 12th article of faith and they posted the colors.




We had a Stake conference with President Shumway and Elder Zeballos. Our investigators got the opportunity to go and talk with president and the 70! They were super excited.


By the way, I survived yet another earthquake. I actually didn't even feel it although I heard it was pretty strong. Thanks for your prayers and concern.


Sorry for the short letter this week. A little distracted.


Love you all,


Elder Mattiaccio
Barrio Las Brisas, Zona Florida, Guatemala Sur

***********************************************************************************************


A note from President Shumway regarding the earthquake.

Dear Parents and Priesthood leaders of Missionaries of the Guatemala City South Mission,

We want to insure you of the safety of the missionaries here in the Guatemala City South Mission.  The earthquake that occurred last night in southern Mexico was also felt here in Guatemala City.  Our missionaries were all safely tucked into bed and most  were unaware that an earthquake and occurred. We have communicated with all our missionaries and all are safe and healthy.
We appreciate your prayers on behalf of our missionaries. 
 
-President and Sister Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment