On Wednesday, we were coming down by our house to visit a less active we had found on Sunday with the Elders Quorum president and it was raining. We had come down in a microbus and I didn't want to get out in the rain to pay the driver so I just reached over the seat to give it to him. I was so hurried to get out and get my umbrella out that I somehow threw my book of Mormon into the raging river of dirty water running down the street. I quickly jumped to save it. We were walking towards the house when I thought to call him to make sure he was there. I reach in my pocket for the phone and IT WASN'T THERE! I checked all my pockets, my companion's pockets. The phone was lost. I knew I
had it when we were in the bus because I had used it to call another member. We went up and down the highway looking for the phone. We even went to a pay phone and called it. It went straight to voicemail. We were looking for a good hour before giving up. ;(
On Friday, I had an appointment in the doctors office because my knee has been hurting me and also my back. It's nothing serious but when I got there he said I needed to do physical therapy. So now I have to go twice a week. I really don't think it is that serious so don't worry, this doctor is just kind of one of those who wants to fix everything while were at it. I felt so bad because we spent the entire day in the doctor's office and didn't even get back to our area until 8:00 because we had to cross the entire city and the traffic here is horrible. I'm kinda bummed because we're going to have to go twice a week to do it and it's going to take a lot of proselyting time but we're going to try to maximize the time we do have in our area.
On lighter news, one of our investigators, Kibn, is preparing to get baptized this week. Yeah, that's right, we're going to baptize for conference! Estanislao and Martha are also preparing but they aren't exactly for sure for this week. But one time when we were with Kibn his mom was making french bread. I offered to help and she said "alright!". Here, they sell bread in little bakeries all over the place just like corn tortillas as well. She had a mini bakery in her house so she makes a ton of bread. She taught us how to do it from the beginning mixing all the ingredients by hand, put it on a rolling machine and make the balls of dough and finally making them into loafs of french bread. It was really fun.
Alright guys. I hope you are all prepared for conference weekend! General Conference I always receive answers to my prayers and guidance for my life. I hope you all can get the same feeling. See y'all soon!
Elder Mattiaccio
Barrio Las Brisas, Zona Florida, Guatemala Sur
No comments:
Post a Comment