Translate

Monday, January 16, 2017

Cold and Sunshine -Week 64

Frankie sent me this email and gave me a heart attack.


Got some news though...Yeah we  were playing soccer and someone booted it and it fractured my tibia... it's not too bad though so I'm still working.





Then he sent this:

jajajaja jk. I'm fine.We just found the boot here in the family history ccenter and took a picture.

Luv ya mom

I'm glad his sense of humor still intact.

-Gabby
................................................................................................................................................................
This week it's been a bit of cold. I ended up having to buy a a sweater vest because I was cold but not my arms. I also bought gloves. but this week was pretty good.
 

A young woman in our ward told us she wanted to leave and proselyte with us so we made arrangements with her and another member to accompany us. Definitely a first. While we were knocking doors we rang the doorbell and told her she´d be doing the talking. She was kinda freaked out a bit. But then she started knocking doors by herself. I gave her a notebook so she could write down all the contacts. When we were passing by her house she told us that her friend lived in the house next door. So we asked what her name was and if we could visit her. She said "uhhh sure. When?" We said "Well, there´s no time like the present ;P". So we went and knocked on the door. Her name is Sunshine. Her family has a comedor (cafeteria) in their house and she does some of the cooking. We taught her the Restoration and she had a lot of questions. She said she had gone to mutual before and liked it. We invited her and her family to a Family Home Evening with Sofie, her friend, today so i hope that turns out well.

 

This week I had divisions with the new elder in my district, Elder Arratia. He´s fresh from the CCM and from Mexico. He´s a bit older too. 23. He´s super shy but super cool too. I felt bad because our day was on our feet.




All our appointments fell. But the lesson we had was super spiritual.

Chelsea was super busy this week and we weren´t able to teach her. I did see her one time and I gave her a Book of Mormon in English. Hopefully we see her again this week to keep teaching her. 

Life is interesting as a DL. I am responsible for not only my area but my entire district. If we do poorly it's my fault. But if we do well we all get the credit. It helps me want to be a better example and help the missionaries in my district feel the urgency. I also have no time for myself anymore. My nights I spend sending dats, talking to my district, and reporting to the Zone Leaders. Hard to write in my journal but I'm doing what I can.


Here's a picture of the companionships in my district and zone leaders.





Love you all. 

Elder Mattiaccio
Barrio Roosevelt, Zona Mariscal, Guatemala Sur


No comments:

Post a Comment