Translate

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Roosevelt - Week 56

Hello all,

First, I have a message for Abuelita: Te amo mucho! Espero que tengas un Feliz Cumpleaños! Gracias por aceptar el evangelio para yo poder estar aquí sirviendo mi mission.

This week I started in my new area, Roosevelt. This ward was one of the first wards organized here in Guatemala. Originally it was called just "Ward 6" but now that there are a ton more members it got a name. The ward is a lot bigger than all my previous areas. In membership and size. I feel like our area is the size of my last ZONE! We have to go on bus to get to  some areas. We mostly work in the area closest to the church because the members live there mostly. But we´re trying to expand our horizons. The members are great! They even provide us with dinner every day.




I've been focusing on helping Elder Mori with his District Leader stuff. It helps me have more patience.


I had divisions my second day in the area and guess who is my zone leader? Elder Olson from my CCM District! Soo cool. He´s still the same goof ball I met in the CCM. We had such a great day.



Towards the end of the night we had more appointments than what we could handle and he had to choose. I told him to follow the spirit so we went to a FHE. Turns out, the family had invited all their extended family (who weren´t members). We had an awesome lesson about the Plan of Salvation and Elder Olson had an awesome activity having to do with an invisible string (eternity) and a knot in the middle (mortal life). We left and we didn´t see a bus coming. So we had to run to get home before 9.  Then, while he was doing zone leader stuff, I was going to cook dinner. But when I went to grab a dish from the sink I saw this HUGE SPIDER. I almost had a heart attack. I couldn´t enter the kitchen the rest of the night. 


We learned how to make something called torejas. Super yummy. 

Well, that's all the time for now, but enjoy some picture of my families from Venezuela.

Love you all.

Elder Mattiaccio
Roosevelt, Zona Mariscal, Guatemala Sur










No comments:

Post a Comment