Translate

Monday, October 24, 2016

A Better Week - Week 52

Hey everyone. Just sending a quick blurb. I don't have too much time to write you guys today. 

This week we did divisions with the zone leaders and again with the traveling assistant. I'm not sure how other missions work, but here in our mission we have 3 assistants and one of them is a traveling assistant. So that's all he does, travel to each area and do divisions. His name is Elder De Leon from Panama. Both were really awesome days and we were able to get a lot done. With the assistant we did double divisions, I went with Josu√© (or recent convert that just got called as ward missionary) and Elder Campos went with Elder de Leon. That day we were able to have 6 lessons with member present and place 4 baptismal dates! Things have really begun picking up this week. 

This week we have been doing a lot of service too. It's been our mission goal. It's one of the things we focused on to help us in the work. We try to chose an Amulek member (someone that helps us fellowship new converts). We decided to help this sister bathe her dog but when we got there it wouldn't even let us in the house. It just kept barking. Finally the sister picked him up and calmed him down and then gave it to me, but then it started barking and snipping at me. I ended up setting it down. When we finally got him in the bath he kept trying to bite me. Then eventually he got me in my back side. I was so worried because I didn't want to go get rabies shots. I've heard you have to get like 17 shots since medicine is not as advanced here. Thankfully he didn't bite through my pants so I didn't have to.


Thank you all for the letters of motivation. I think I was getting complacent having been here for so long, but this week has sure jump started my excitement and motivation again. It's nice to know you guys still think of me and are rooting for me. I'm about to go over the hump (my year mark), now the time's gonna fly! Gotta hop to it!

Elder Mattiaccio
Venezuela, Zona Nimajuyu, Guatemala Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment