Translate

Monday, June 13, 2016

Raining Cats and Dogs - Week 33

This week it has been raining more than it was in Milagro. I'm not kidding, and maybe it is worse here because the streets aren't paved or irrigated. So when it rains, because everything is downhill, the road turns into a river. My shoes got filled with water on more than one occasion. I finally pulled out the trench coat uncle Sam gave me. Even still, from my knees down I got soaked. Surprisingly I don't get cold though, many times, when it isn't raining too hard, we just get wet. Because we don't have time to go all the way back to the house to get our rain gear. I've started carrying my umbrella with me instead of water so I could pull it out if... WHEN it starts raining. 

Also, just yesterday we were contacting a new area and going through a side road when a female pitbull ran up to my companion and attacked him. I was on the opposite side of the street and saw the dog go back to it's house. I then was walking further along and it came at me. I had to pull out my umbrella and hit it in the head so it wouldn't bite me. Even still it took three good whacks before it left me alone. We decided to turn back, defeated by a stray demon hound. I realized she was just defending her young but we weren't even near her. We're going to look if there is another way around so we can contact the rest of the street. 

Our family, the family of Xiomara, Geronimo, Alejandro (8), and Angel (7), are progressing; Slowly, but progressing. We always know when people like us when they say hi in the street. Others ignore us or just wave. But they say hi and cross the street to talk with us. We gave them a Book of Mormon and left them with 3 Nephi, Chapter 11 to read. They are catholics and were commenting that they have been since forever. We're praying that they take the invitation to read and pray about the Book of Mormon seriously and receive an answer to their prayers.

Love you all.
HASTA LA PRÓXIMA

*********************************************************************************************

Speaking of dogs, we noticed Frankie has a funny quirk...every week when we check his dropbox there is at least one picture of a dog. Here's a few of them:











No comments:

Post a Comment