Translate

Monday, May 23, 2016

In Sickness and in Health - Week 30

Hola Todos,

This week had a rough start... We went to eat as a zone in Ciudad Quetzal (Quetzal City) at a place called "Willy's". I was super hungry and bought two burgers and fries and it still didn't fill me. We then went to play soccer in the church building. (all the churches here have a mini soccer/basketball court) I guess we were playing so hard that the skin of the ball ripped open and the next time they kicked the ball it exploded! Ok... that was a little dramatic, but it did pop. It was time to go anyway but we were still disappointed since now that means we have to buy another ball if we want to play. Anywho... We all came back to our areas and went out to proselyte. That night, i woke up at 1 in the morning to go to the bathroom. I came back to bed but my stomach began to hurt. I quickly found myself over the toilet hurling all my food. After I finished I drank some water to get the taste out of my mouth and laid back down. Within a few minutes I got that feeling again. This time, I didn't even have time to put on my sandals. This time I knew there was nothing left inside me. I layed down again and within a few minutes my companion got up. To make a long story short, we were both sick. In the morning our stomachs were still hurting. We still had to go out and proselyte but Hna. Caffaro said we should stay near our house. We said a prayer before leaving and went out the door even though we were still sick. We were able to stay out of the house all day. We are positive that it was with the Lord's help. 

Sorry I have a lot of stories but I don't have anymore time this week. Ill try and send them next week.

Elder Mattiaccio
Milagro Central, Zona Milagro, Guatemala Sur

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Thought I'd share the little blurb he sent to me in Spanish. I'ts so great to see his spanish improving so much!

Mami,

Este semana no tengo mucho tiempo. Tuvimos un P-Day de Zona porque la mes pasada cumplimos con la visión de la misión, y ya cumplimos la vision de nuevo. Entonces perdón por la carta corta. 

Also check out this video of what he calls a "flash flood":
(to watch it you must visit the blog directly)



video


1 comment:

  1. Being sick on the mission is no fun ... no mom to spoil you and take care of you but It's amazing that you still went out and were blessed for your faithfulness. Great job! Awesome "flash flood" Love
    you!

    ReplyDelete