Translate

Monday, February 15, 2016

Recharging Spiritual Batteries - Week 16

Hello Everyone,

It has been pretty cool this week. I wore my sweaters for the first time and my suit all day after the temple. I've had a little cold but everyone has it. They think it is because of the rapid change in weather. We went by the old Branch President's house and he and his family fed us soup. It was really good. Here the use a vegetable called Wiskil. It was still a little too warm out for soup. People here have a different concept of cold. 

This week we went to the temple as a mission. We went only with our zone and each zone was assigned a session. We had to be at the temple at 9:30 am for the 10:00 am session. To arrive and go all together we had to leave from Mita at 5 am, meet in Jutiapa at 6 am and leave for Guatemala City. It was about 2 1/2 hours by bus and we took one of the old school buses. We got there a little early so we went to the distribution center to get a few things then went to the temple. I am so grateful for the opportunity we had to go to the temple as a zone. It has helped me feel the Spirit more strongly in my life and lessons. It was a good bonding experience for us as a zone and in my companionship. I love the Guatemala City Temple. It really helped me recharge my spiritual batteries. Now I feel like our lessons are going even better than before. 


This week we had 3 investigators in Sacrament meeting. Lisset Arrieta, Erick Montenegro, and Neddy Najera. All three are now fechas de compromiso. Lisset we haven´t placed a date yet because we´re doing our lessons in the Branch president´s home and she´s a family friend. So when we´re there we feel like were being supervised as opposed to having a lesson with member. And they warned us that they want us to take it slow with her and yet they are watching documentaries on the Book of Mormon and all the church videos. We believe she can be ready to be baptized the beginning of March if not sooner. We are going to try to have a lesson in her home sometime this week.

Erick this week asked us what he needs to do to be baptized. We have a date set for the 6th of march and we told him he needs to get permission from his mom since he is only 14. The problem is she lives in the US and he tried to get baptized when he was 10 but she didn't let him. We are praying that, now that he is older, she will let him be baptized. We know he will go to church, his 19 yo brother is a Recent Convert and they've gone to church the last 3 Sundays.

We went by Morris´ house again last night. And his mom said she had another surprise for us. To which I said, I don't think I like your surprises anymore.... NOPE. She brought out a Scorpion! I was like; NOPE. That's a big bowl of NOPE soup. But they had cut the pinchers and tail off so it was harmless.


Until Next Time,

Elder Mattiaccio

No comments:

Post a Comment